Nobel Prize of Peace 2020


Today I'll present you the winner of peace in 2020. This winner isn't a person or isn't a group of people. It's a program called "The World Food Programme ". This is a programme of food-assistance branch of the United Nation. It is the world's largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. It was founded in 1961 and it's headquartered in Rome.


This programme has been the winner of the Nobel Prize of peace due to its efforts to combat hunger, for its contribution to bettering conditions for peace in conflict-affected areas and for acting as a driving force in efforts to prevent the use of hunger as a weapon of was and conflict.

I think is a good idea to give a prize to this programme because it is the world's largest humanitarian organisation addressing hunger and promoting food security. The coronavirus pandemic has contributed to many victims of hunger in the world. In countries such as Yemen, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Nigeria, South Sudan and Burkina Faso. In the face of the pandemic, the World Food Programme has demonstrated an impressive ability to intensify its efforts.

I have been thinking and it isn't easy to give so much food to so many people. It is a cost of money and people to send it. So I started to search on the Internet and I've found a lot of information. Let me explain you about this.

There are many sites to donate money for this programme and this would be a way to obtain money. They've also helps from countries and banks to carry out this programme. For example, Mastercard donated 100 million food to the programme in 2017. We need more people like these in the world!! And I have to say that it surprised me that they want to end with the hunger as fast as possible. They are committing to end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition by 2030. As well as, the other incredible fact is that one in nine people worldwide still don't have enough to eat. This is a critical situation in the world, so let's change the world by donating to this programme and let's improve these facts and let's end with the hunger in the world.


If you are interested on donating, I am leaving you a link to do it:


Comments

  1. Wow Oier! I think this article is quite emotional. I think the nobel prize which was given to this programme is more than deserved. I think their job and intentions are admirable and very necessary to combat the unfair situations that millions of people live every day. I've learnt a lot when reading this and I have to thank you also for giving this information to us. It's a great work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts